ESIS is a complex, heterogeneous information system which provides information on chemicals. It includes the elements listed below.
Please note that the databases marked with two asterisks ** will be taken over by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), which will also ensure the further updates.
- EINECS (European Inventory of Existing Commercial chemical Substances) O.J. C 146A, 15.6.1990.
- ELINCS (European List of Notified Chemical Substances) in support of Directive 92/32/EEC, the 7th amendment to Directive 67/548/EEC.
- NLP (No-Longer Polymers).
- BPD (Biocidal Products Directive) active substances listed in Annex I or IA of Directive 98/8/EC or listed in the so-called list of non-inclusions.
- PBT (Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic) or vPvB (very Persistent and very Bioaccumulative).
- CLP/GHS (Classification, Labelling and Packaging of substances and mixtures); CLP implements the Globally harmonised System (GHS), Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008.
- Export and Import of Dangerous Chemicals listed in Annex I of Regulation (EC) No 689/2008.
- **HPVCs (High Production Volume Chemicals) and LPVCs (Low Production Volume Chemicals).
- **IUCLID Chemical Data Sheets, OECD-IUCLID Export Files, EUSES Export Files.
- **Priority Lists, Risk Assessment process and tracking system in relation to Council Regulation (EEC) No 793/93 also known as Existing Substances Regulation (ESR).